Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welfare state in retreat.

I very rarely need any extra stimulus to fan the flames of my desire to see Wales given its freedom. The UK under this ConDem and previous Tory and Labour governments has done its best to emulate the very worse excesses of a market driven economy inevitably corrupted by greed and self interest. To an extent I have become sensitised to the daily examples of the attack on the Social structures and welfare state within the UK.
However now and again even this crusty old cynic can become shocked and angered  by the sheer inhumanity that a UK society motivated solely by the "me,myself,I" philosophy of Thatcher stoops to.

So it is with the report on an ex army veteran and his wife who rather than face another freezing Winter in poverty formed a suicide pact and ended their existence. Details of the story here, with thanks to Malice in Blunderland :-



No comments:

Post a Comment